I am so excited and so grateful to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way to recognize bloggers for adding value to the blogging community. It is a great way to connect with other bloggers and show appreciation for their work; an award created by bloggers, for bloggers. All nominees must answer the questions provided by those who nominated them and then nominate 11 more people who they will ask their own set of 11 questions.
First and foremost, I want to say a huge thank you to Emily @harperphd for nominating me for this award. Emily is a PhD student in genetics and a wonderful blogger – so please make sure to check out her blog here!
Second of all, I want to give a shout out to all the amazing and inspiring bloggers out there. Keep up the great work!
Here go my answers…
What is your favourite thing about blogging?
It’s so hard to pick just one! But I would narrow it down to having a platform to express myself freely as well as to connect with some truly wonderful people.
Is blogging something that comes naturally to you? Or is it more of a challenge?
A little bit of both… Some days are easy and the words seem to flow; other days I struggle to begin.
Why did you decide to take on a PhD?
I have always loved studying and this seemed like the natural path for me.
What motivates you to keep on going when PhD life gets tough?
I remind myself that there is nothing I would rather be doing at this point in my life.
What is something that is commonly misconceived/ misunderstood by the public in your field?
My field of research is meditation and mindfulness – so almost everything! Mindfulness has been a popular buzzword in recent years, but few people know what it really is. A lot of people seem to have an opinion on it, even if they do not meditate or practice mindfulness themselves.
How different was your life a year ago?
Not too different as I was already one year into my PhD. But on a personal level, I have taken important steps in my blogging journey, my meditation and mindfulness practice, and my recovery from binge eating disorder.
What movie title best describes your life?
Don’t Worry, We’ll Think of a Title 🙂
If you were given a robot to take over a single aspect of your life, what would you ask it to do?
Nothing. I want to be present for every moment of my life – the good, the bad, and the ugly.
What is worth spending more on to get the best?
Hmm… education. But that doesn’t mean that all education costs money.
What are you most likely to become famous for?
Fame is not for me!
What is the one piece of advice you would give to those aspiring to take on a PhD?
Do it because you want to, not because you think it’s the right step in your career or because your supervisor or your parents tell you to do it!
Phew… that was harder than I thought! Thanks again to Emily for her wonderful questions and for the nomination.
Now it is my turn to nominate 11 bloggers who inspire me:
- Michelle @Intimately Worded
- Andrea @Thriving Under Pressure
- Sophie @Acacia Dreams
- Patty @Dreampack
- Kathy @K E Garland
- Kirsty @Honest K
- Erin @Fighting for a Future
- Tereza @NoBox
- Liv @Liv Your Life
- Laura @Namast’ay in Love
- Alexis @Untangled
And here are my 11 questions for you guys:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What platform on social media has helped you grow your blog the most?
- Who’s your favourite author?
- What would you be doing if money wasn’t an issue?
- Name three things that you love about yourself!
- What song always makes you dance?
- What would you like to accomplish this year?
- Have you told someone you loved them today?
- Who inspires you the most?
- How did you come up with the name for your blog?
- What advice would you give someone who wants to become a blogger?
Rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Thank you for following my blog and make sure to check out the wonderful bloggers that I have nominated. What a fantastic group of women ❤